38. Ski Down or Across
- Wax your boards and head for the hills. Mount Southington, I-84 Exit 30 in Southington,
- Powder Ridge, I-91 Exits 17S/18N in Middlefield,
- and Mohawk Mountain, off Rte 4 in Cornwall, are great for learning to ski and feature night skiing.
- Ski Sundown in New Hartford also offers a short but extremely challenging mogul run. Warm up by the fire in Sundown's base lodge or sip hot cider in Mount Southington's lounge.
- Snowboard at Woodbury Ski & Racquet in Woodbury and test your skill on challenging courses.
- Enjoy the solitude of nature with cross country skiing at Winding Trails Cross Country Ski Center in Farmington
- or White Memorial Foundation in Litchfield.
For the down-to-basics individualist try ski touring at one of the 10 designated areas within the Connecticut State Parks and Forests at www.dep.state.ct.us. Relax in front of the fire at one of the many country inns or cozy B&B's in the area.
DRIVING TIP: Approximate driving distance between points 1 & 7 is 134 miles.
For places to stay and other things to do nearby, click on any highlighted place.