24. Science, Nature & Exploration
- Hammonasset Beach State Park, Madison, I-95 Exit 62, is a great place for kids. Swim, camp out and take a hike out to Meig's Point and explore tidal pools.
- The Children's Museum, I-95 Exit 72N/74S, Niantic, offers hands-on fun, rain or shine!
- Mystic Aquarium & Institute for Exploration, I-95 Exit 90, has the only exhibit in New England to feature beluga whales. Get to know these fascinating creatures up close through the special 90-minute contact program (reservations required).
- Next day, take an educational journey through the Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center on Rte. 2, America's largest, most innovative Native American museum.
- The USS Nautilus & Submarine Force Museum, Groton , I-95 Exit 86, takes you on board the first nuclear-powered submarine.
DRIVING TIP: Approximate driving distance between furthest points (1 & 5) is 46 miles.
For places to stay and other things to do nearby, click on any highlighted place.