13. Back Roads to Brooklyn
- Catch a theatrical performance at the Bradley Playhouse in Putnam. Next morning, enjoy a country style breakfast and then visit the antique haven of the northeast in Putnam.
- You can't pass up the chance to tour the Roseland Cottage in Woodstock
- and the Prudence Crandall House, Rte. 169, Canerbury - two historic sites that are a must see!
- Continue to Pomfret and stop by Sharpe Hill Vineyard for a leisure lunch at the base of the vineyard. If you want to see a spectacular view, hike up the vineyard to the top of the hill and view 3 states. Before leaving Sharpe Hill Vineyard, purchase their renowned bottle of Ballet of Angels (red or white). Then onto Rte. 6 east to Brooklyn.
- Take a 40-minute wagon ride through a working farm where the buffalo roam and Bison Creamery Farm.
- Head north on scenic Rte. 169 to Pomfret. Stop by Martha's Herbary and tour the gardens. Make an overnight reservation at any one of the local B&B's or inns, before heading to The Vine in Putnam, The Harvest Restaurant or the Vanilla Bean Café in Pomfret for casual dining.
DRIVING TIP: Approximate driving distance between 1 & 6 are 34 miles.
For places to stay and other things to do nearby, click on any highlighted place.