7. Urban & Suburban
- Visit downtown West Hartford where you can walk anywhere – loads of shopping and great places to eat. Take a casual stroll to any outdoor cafй and check out bargain purchases.
- Take a hike around the reservoir or up Talcott Mountain, Rte. 185, Simsbury and enjoy nature all around you.
- Have dinner at the Pettibone’s Tavern that is known to have a few haunting stories.
- Overnight in Simsbury at the 1820 House.
- What better way to start your day than with a visit to the Governor’s residence, 990 Prospect Avenue, Hartford, and a tour the magnificent rooms? Call 860-566-4840 for schedule.
- Visit the Elizabeth Park and see America’s first municipal rose garden and have a lovely lunch at the Pond House.
DRIVING TIP: Approximate driving distance between furthest points are 24 miles.
For places to stay and other things to do nearby, click on any highlighted place.