43. Blades, Boards & Hooves
- Here’s a getaway with something for everyone. Start at the Waterbury Deck Hockey Center in Waterbury. For lunch, try the Texas-style Crossroads Cantina in Waterbury or enjoy a taste of Italy at one of the many fine Italian restaurants in the area.
- Blue Spruce Farm in Monroe is a great place for a horseback trail ride.
- Enjoy an evening of amusement park fun at Quassy Amusement Park before retiring at your choice of full-service hotels or friendly B&Bs.
- Next morning do a bit of skate boarding at Peterson Park (203) 879-8100 in Wolcott
- Pick up a giant grinder at Calabria’s Deli and have a picnic lunch at Southford Falls State Park or opt for pizza at the Oxford Pizza Palace.
- In the afternoon, travel north along the back roads to Watertown and enjoy an afternoon of ice-skating at Mays Rink at Taft School (860) 945-5246.
DRIVING TIP: The total mileage from 1 to 6 is 76 miles.
For places to stay and other things to do nearby, click on any highlighted place.