43. Blades, Boards & Hooves
- Here’s a getaway with something for everyone. Start at the Waterbury Deck Hockey Center in Waterbury or Baummer’s Pond in Naugatuck where you can practice your skills or join a pick-up game with the local stars.
- For lunch, try the Texas-style Crossroads Cantina in Waterbury or enjoy a taste of Italy at one of the many fine Italian restaurants in the area.
- High Lonesome Rose Hurst Farm in Middlebury is just the place for an adventure on horseback (reservations are needed). Ride through some of the most beautiful wooded countryside in the area. Enjoy an evening of amusement park fun at Quassy Amusement Park before retiring at your choice of full-service hotels or friendly B&Bs.
- Next morning do a bit of skate boarding at Peterson Park in Wolcott
- or mountain biking at Schreiber?s Farm in Oxford. Pick up a giant grinder at Calabria’s Deli and have a picnic lunch at Southford Falls State Park or opt for pizza at the Oxford Pizza Palace.
- In the afternoon, travel north along the back roads to Watertown and enjoy an afternoon of ice-skating at Mays Rink at Taft School.
DRIVING TIP: The total mileage from 1 to 6 is 76 miles.
For places to stay and other things to do nearby, click on any highlighted place.