25. Head for the Hills
- Saddle up and ride horseback at Lee’s Riding Stable, Litchfield, off Rte. 118. Jump into a cool refreshing lake.
- Head to Goshen for the Action Wildlife Foundation sanctuary, Rte. 4 with more than 100 exotic animals, a petting zoo and hay rides. Camp overnight in the Litchfield Hills.
- Hike the Iron Heritage Trail at the Beckley Iron Furnace in East Canaan
- or visit the Sloane-Stanley Museum and Kent Furnace in Kent.
- Explore the Institute for American Indian Studies, off Rte. 199 in Washington.
- Angle for trout at Paradise Valley Farm in Bethlehem.
- Commune with nature at Flanders Nature Center/Land Trust in Woodbury and return to the real world a new person.
DRIVING TIP: Total driving distance between all points (1 to 7) is 81 miles.
For places to stay and other things to do nearby, click on any highlighted place.