20. Fun Time & Action
- The new Timexpo Museum in Waterbury, I-84 Exit 22, combines the history of Timex and its clock making-predecessors.
- Then tickle your funny bone at the Barker Character, Comic & Cartoon Museum in Cheshire, I-84 Exit 27. See a 40,000-piece collection of character art from Mickey Mouse to Woody Woodpecker, Fred Flintstone and more.
- Or head west to pan for gold at Mother Earth Mining Company, Rte. 7 in Bethel.
- For a summertime option, head to Quassy Amusement Park in Middlebury, Rte. 64 a 20-acre old-fashioned playground on Lake Quassapaug. Rides, games, swimming, picnicking and boat rides.
- More fun can be yours in the evening at the Thomaston Opera House Children’s Series.
DRIVING TIP: Approximate driving distance between furthest points (1 & 5) is 79 miles.
For places to stay and other things to do nearby, click on any highlighted place.