10. Country Delights & City Lights
- Reserve an early tee-time at Lyman Orchards Golf Course, in Middlefield, and enjoy the beautiful countryside. If golf is not your game, visit the Farm Market or maybe even pick your own strawberries, blueberries, jostaberries, peaches, pears, apples and even pumpkins!
- Head south on Rte. 9 and take the back road to Clinton, Rte. 81 south, and stop at Chamard Vineyards for free tours and wine tasting.
- Make an overnight reservation in one of Westbrook area’s many cozy B&B’s.
- Travel west to New Haven, hometown to Yale University, for a romantic dinner. Brighten your evening with a theatrical performance at the Shubert Performing Arts Center or the Palace Performing Arts Center.
- Next morning head to the beach or travel U.S 1 north through some of out quaint shoreline towns. Stop at the Florence Griswold Museum in Old Lyme, an 1817 mansion and National Historic Landmark that is the home of American Impressionism. Stop for lunch along U.S. 1 and choose from a variety of cuisines.
DRIVING TIP: Total mileage is 66 miles.
For places to stay and other things to do nearby, click on any highlighted place.